Additionally, you can sign up for the myPlex service, which lets you connect to servers shared with you by your friends, queue videos from your web browser to watch later, and connect to your Plex Media Server at home wherever you are in the world via Wi-Fi or a celluar connection, with no configuration necessary!
Plex Media Server streams your media directly from your computer, so there's no need to convert before viewing. Plex is smart, too - if your media isn't already in a format your device can play, it'll convert it on-the-fly.
• DRM-protected content (TV shows, movies and older music tracks from the iTunes store) is not supported.
• ISO images are not supported.
• VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
• PGS subtitles are not supported.
• Audio formats iOS can't play natively (e.g. FLAC) are not supported.
• A Mac running OS X 10.6 or later, a PC running Windows XP or later (Windows Vista or Windows 7 recommended), or an Intel machine running Linux.
• In order to transcode to 720p (for the iPad and iPhone 4), you need at least a 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo processor. For 1080p content (for the iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) and iPhone 4S) at least a 2.4GHz Core i5 or Core i7 processor is recommended.